Canterbury House ( 1963-65 ) by T.P. Bennett and Sons, is facing demolition.
Between the 1950s and the 1970s Croydon experienced a burst of commercial development unparalleled anywhere else in the country. The impetus was provided by the Croydon Corporation Act (1956) which gave Croydon Council powers to develop land in the borough.
By 1970 about six million square feet of office space had been provided in central Croydon.